Our products are made according to your specified measurements and customised to fit your space, so it is important we receive the correct measurements. However measuriing doesn't have to be stressful affair. There's only two meausrements we need. The width and height! If you follow these guidelines you can be confident you'll order enough material to cover your wall.
Our Measuring Tips:
- get someone to help you. Two people measuring is always better than one.
- all measurements are to be provided in cm as follows: Width x Height (in that order). e.g. W330cm x H280cm. We only require your wall's exact measurements. You do not need to add any buffer.
- use a tape measure, not a ruler or mobile phone. Always pull the tape measure gently but firmly to ensure it's straight and level.
- measure the widest (horizontal distance) and highest (vertical distance) of your wall ignoring any windows, doors or recesses. If you do not want the wallpaper to go over your skirting boards, do not include them in your measurements.
- to ensure you have measured the widest distance we recommend you measure the width in 3 places - i.e. across the bottom of the wall from left to right, across the middle of the wall from left to right, and across the top of the wall from left to right. Note down the widest measurement.
- to ensure you have measured the highest distance we recommend you measure the height in 3 places - i.e. the left side of the wall from top to bottom, the middle of the wall from top to bottom and the right side of the wall from top to bottom. Note down the highest measurement.
- note any positions of plug points, windows and doors (and their dimensions) as these may affect a mural image. If we know their positions, we may be able to move some elements around in the design to avoid them being cut out of the mural. Please note, all walls are quoted on the full wall width and height. We will ignore any window or door openings when calculating your wallpaper costs. We print for the whole wall.
- Repeat the measurement process twice to ensure you haven't made any mistakes.
When you provide your measurements to Paper Pop, we will automatically add an extra 10cm bleed/buffer onto each provided dimension. Our website calculator also automatically adds this buffer into your final price. As a general rule, all walls are skew and not completely flat, so this buffer will accommodate any measuring inaccuracies or wall level imperfections to ensure your wallpaper is not cut too short.
Any measurements given to Paper Pop by the client are solely the responsibility of the client and should be checked again against our quote and invoice. Paper Pop will not be held responsible for incorrect sizes and measurements incorrectly quoted or invoiced. It is the customer's responsibility to check their quote and invoice thoroughly. In the event of incorrect measurements going to print, our team will do our best to help rectify the issue as cost efficiently as possible, but if any reprints or extra material is required, this will be at the expense of the customer.
If you are still having issues measuring your wall or unsure if your wall surface needs further preparation, we offer a Measuring and Wall Assessment Service. This service is provided by our installation team for a fee of AED250. (Dubai Customers Only). To learn more about what you can expect from this service, please click here.
If you are providing us with your own image, the quality and size of your image will determine how large we can print it.