Our products are made according to your specified measurements and customised to fit your space, so it is important we receive the correct measurements. However measuriing doesn't have to be stressful affair. There's only two meausrements we need. The width and height! If you follow these guidelines you can be confident you'll order enough material to cover your wall.
- all measurements are to be provided in cm as follows: Width x Height (in that order). e.g. W330cm x H280cm.
- use a tape measure, not a ruler or mobile phone.
- measure the widest (horizontal distance) and highest (vertical distance) of your wall ignoring any windows, doors or recesses.
- to ensure you have measured the highest distance we recommend you measure the height in 3 places - i.e. the left side of the wall from top to bottom, the middle of the wall from top to bottom and the right side of the wall from top to bottom. Note down the highest measurement.
- to ensure you have measured the widest distance we recommend you measure the full width in 3 places - i.e. across the bottom of the wall from left to right, across the middle of the wall from left to right, and across the top of the wall from left to right. Note down the widest measurement.
- note any positions of plug points, windows and doors (and their dimensions) as these may affect a mural image. If we know their positions, we may be able to move some elements around in the design to avoid them being cut out of the mural.
- Repeat the measurement process twice to ensure you haven't made any mistakes.
Please note, all walls are quoted on the full wall width and height. We will ignore any window or door openings. We print for the whole wall.
As a general rule, all walls are skew and not completely flat. For any measurements given to Paper Pop by the client, we will need to add an extra 5cm bleed/buffer onto each provided dimension. This buffer will accommodate any measuring inaccuracies or wall level imperfections and ensure your wallpaper is not cut too short.
Any measurements given to Paper Pop by the client are solely the responsibility of the client and should be checked again against our quote and invoice. Paper Pop will not be held responsible for incorrect sizes and measurements incorrectly quoted or invoiced. It is the customer's responsibility to check their quote and invoice thoroughly. In the event of incorrect measurements going to print, our team will do our best to help rectify the issue as cost efficiently as possible, but if any reprints or extra material is required, this will be at the expense of the customer.
If you are having issues measuring your wall or unsure if your wall surface needs further preparation, we offer a Measuring and Wall Assessment Service. This service is provided by our installation team for a fee of AED250. (Dubai Customers Only). To learn more about what you can expect from this service, please click here.
If you are providing us with your own image, the quality and size of your image will determine how large we can print it.